Wednesday, March 23, 2011

Drawing is hard...

So one of the many things I've been putting off is drawing the heros at anything other than a side view.  I think we already covered that drawing isn't my strong suit, although whenever I try I feel like I at least learn something.  Regardless, the entire game plays from a side view, so there hasn't been a push to draw more.  This week I started working on the double-team grapples, and realized that a second view/perspective with them facing the screen a bit more would really help.  The first several attemps turned out pretty bad, and in hindsight I wish I had screencapped a few of them to show my progress as I went.  What I have now isn't super-awesome, but it no longer jumps out to me as being flat out wrong either. 






I suspect redrawing the feet at a deeper angle would help a lot.  I also think her torso might need to be a bit longer, as the spacing from her breasts to her belly-button looks too small to me.  I can tell the angles on the torso aren't lining up right, and I'm hoping that's because I'm re-using too much from the side view.  Ah well, more stuff to learn.  hehe.  If one of you has some pointers or a some good references for me, now'd be a good time to post them.

-DirtyC101

1 comment:

  1. First, let me say that you're drawing skills are not all that bad. But your comments about anamoty are partly correct. I can see that some parts don't seem to be coming together.

    For one, her breasts don't seem to fall at roughly the same level. While some might say its because of the angle, I'd still think that if she was on her knees, that both of her breasts would be roughtly at the same height.

    As for the stomach being too close to her chest, try and reference different parts of the body between the two different states. If they match up pretty well, it is more likely to be an optical illusion then anything else. Maybe if you were to raise her right breast up a tad to come in line with her left breast, it would look a lot better.

    That's just my opinion though.

    ReplyDelete