Saturday, September 24, 2011

Humans!


Hm... okay, maybe not quite as exciting as bunnies. heh.  Here's the human 'monsters' I expect to use in Act 2.  Like before, these drawings aren't finalized yet, so if you have some feedback now would be the time.  I plan to go back & touch them up in a few weeks, once I've got all the opponents drawn.

Look at the waist level for the two characters.  The dude is several inches taller, but his hips are lower.  Unlike the bunnies, this time around I think I made the girl's thigh & calf too long, rather than making the dude's torso too long (although there's some of that too).  I also find it interesting that I naturally put some sheen on the girl's skin, but didn't think twice about it on the guy. 

Not really happy with the girl's breasts either.  They're smaller than the hero's, but something about them looks either too large or out of place.  Again, could be the torso being too short, I'll play with that & find out. 

I will not speak about the guy's hand, other than that took almost as much time as the rest of him combined.  Wouldn't be so bad if I felt like I was either making progress or learning something, but at the moment it's pretty much delete & start over, repeat until I get something passable.  Don't be shocked if he ends up with mitten hands in the next release.  ;P

On the up side, I feel like I really nailed both faces.  The dude has a fantastic blank stare that really says 'Duuuuu', and the girl's hair came out pretty damn well (personal opinion).  Despite the complaints above, I'm really pretty happy with how both of these turned out.  Here's hoping that trend continues.

Oh, & before I forget again, Thank you's to Mr. Jester for the link to posemaniacs.  Used it quite a bit when drawing the dude, and will almost certainly hit it again in the future.

DirtyC101



8 comments:

  1. the problem with the breasts is simple, the nipples are too small for the size, they are like a cup size on c haha, just make em a bit bigger and more matriarchal and you got it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think the breasts are fine, it's juste her bum that doesn't fit her muscular body in my opinion. (the upper/lower body ratio doesn't strike me as odd either)

    The dude looks good, maybe just make his hands slightly bigger.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Good job. I actually prefer this female face to Farah's one.

    ReplyDelete
  4. That looks nice...


    Is it possible to select what enemies you want to face in horde (dirtyc101) mode?
    Please, please put in more girl-on-girl action

    ReplyDelete
  5. I find the breasts are rather low on her chest

    ReplyDelete
  6. i like both of them maybe so sort of cave cloth or armor just for looks not saying the bodies are bad everything is pretty much in line the guys chest is pretty tall though pecs have two main muscles called the pectoralis major and minor the minor goes into the armpits and the major is the basic chest and muscle and i agree give the girl bigger boobs and a bigger butt

    ReplyDelete