Tuesday, January 4, 2011

Game Update

It's a new month, so thought I'd post a game update. Going to try to post a 'game status' update every month, so y'all will have some feel for how the games are coming along.

I'm back from vacation, and starting to work on my new game again. Tentatively, the title is "Furry Fury, The Tale of the Twin Orbs", although perhaps I should change that to 'twin balls', considering the subject matter. heh. K. Fox will be returning, and gameplay will be closer to K. Fox & the Magic Sword than Beta on the Beach (although I expect to have some 'horde' type gameplay as well).

But the important part is when will it be done. Last year I said spring on some forums, while on others I said February. Looking at everything I have planned, I'm going to go back to 'spring' as my expected due date - probably closer to April or May. Drawing is just really slow for me, and there's quite a bit I need to generate.

I expect the game to have 4 stages, and the first stage is about 1/3 done currently. Still tinkering with the game engine, as I plan to have a minimal inventory system as well - that's proving to be more difficult than it should be BTW. It works, but it's not intuitive or elegant. I'm trying not to re-invent drag & drop all over again, but it may come to that.

-DirtyC101

No comments: