Monday, December 10, 2012

Drawing December

My game update:   Wasn't planning to resume work until January, but ended up missing it too much to stay away.  Still not in with both feet, so don't go thinking I'm going to have the next release ready early.  Hell, I don't even have a release date in mind yet.

I've been mainly drawing, or trying to remember how to anyway haha.  Each of the characters has a "final" outfit they can unlock in act 3, so I thought that would be a good place to start.  The wizard & warrior outfits are fairly obvious (imo), but I wasn't sure what to give the space marshal.  There's nothing that would really fit the role in a fantasy world & not cover too much skin.  I briefly considered giving her a ninja costume or a wild west duster / trenchcoat.  Then I realized I had skipped the fantasy staple of the chainmail bikini.




Drawing chainmail has proven harder than I thought.  I originally tried drawing each link, but the links ended up being so large that it no longer looks like chainmail.  Sexy perhaps, but not the direction I wanted.  So next I played around with making a rough outline & filling in various hints of detail.  This helps make it look more like chainmail from a distance, and it's probably easier on processing power too.  I still don't think it looks quite right, but it's getting closer.  My complaint now is that it could be mistaken for something frilly or lacy at first glance.  Metal is highly reflective, and I'm not quite conveying that yet.  I think more dark & light detail will help, but my first few attempts ended up looking busy without actually conveying the metal links.  So not entirely sure what I need to do.   I'll play with some more.



Around the Interwebs: 


It looks like some folks have made a World of Warcraft sex game.  Link here.  I haven't played the demo yet, as it doesn't run on my computer.  From what I can tell, they ripped the character models from WoW, added them to a different game engine, and created some sexual poses.  I have to confess, I'm intrigued.  Here's hoping the final product is better than "go kill 10 rats".  =D



And lastly.  ONE MILLION HITS??!??!?!  Don't think I didn't notice that.  Pretty sure I'm supposed to commemorate with some sort of present, but seeing as how I'm just now starting on the game again, I don't really have anything new to offer.  I'd post some fan art, but no one has sent me any.  And it would probably be better than what I can draw, so let's not go that route.  heheheh.  Seriously, thanks to everyone for dropping by.  It's downright awesome to know I'm not the only deviant out there.  <3

DirtyC101




18 comments:

  1. check in almost every day hoping for some kind of updates. Keep it up!

    ReplyDelete
  2. you could go with metal bands around the back and solders and the breasts then filling the rest with chain links giving it a dominatrix look to it. i don't know if that would be essayer on you or not but it is just a thaght.

    PS: i just found your game today and love what you have done with it so far. and i cant wait till the next act.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm new here but I play with your game since one year (I think lol)

    Keep going I waiting for your game every day ^^

    For your draw, try very little circle in grey but more little than the first pic :)

    PS: You are famous because your art attract me and I'm french ^^

    ReplyDelete
  4. I think that a wonderful enemy to put in to your game would be some of gunmouth's Dorukolorukalai. If you do not know what they are, they are a type of furry monster with tentacles sprouting from various body parts. Of course with them being of someone else design I understand you may not use them, but I think they would fit your game wonderfully.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Still looks like wool. =S

    What if you designed it with brown leather straps behind and around it? That may give the impression that it's 'armor', and not a bar.

    ReplyDelete
  6. What about the dreaded "plate bikini"?

    First of all, the bra laces don't have to be chain at all, brown leather straps would work better here. Second, if the bra isn't transparent why not make it a "plated" metal cup? It would look better and would do the job as well.

    ReplyDelete
  7. About the "World of Warcraft Sex Game" - it is a perfect example of how an adult game can fail. The premise is very good and what they did there technically is something very impressive. Yet, regarding the sexual content it's actually nothing more than a looping flash animation, it is very much wasted potential. There is a very loose plot which serves to connect various sex scenes which are NOT AVOIDABLE. This is the biggest sin of all for an adult game, you have no choice but to watch those scenes in order to progress - no choice, no roleplaying and in order to get to something you may like you have to take everything else as well. Combine this with some awful controls (though this may not be the devs fault, an adventure game in unreal engine 3 IS something hard to make I guess) and you have a good example of a nice looking adult game which forces you to experience another persons sexual fantasies instead of letting you choose your own. Maybe it'll be esxpanded in the future, though :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. heya. i watched this and thought of you c: ^-^ http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OTGh0EMmMC8

    ReplyDelete
  9. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Have you ever considered implementing a Whore/Virgin system? An example of this would be grappling enemies would increase your whore status while killing them would increase your virgin status. According to your alignment you would have unique conversation choices. One example would be the bunny kid outside the village. If you have a high Whore status he would know you're a slut and would ask to have sex with you. If you accept then your Whore status goes up. If you decline it goes down. A virgin choice would be to help guide the child back to his family (the empty house in the village would be a good place to put them).

    ReplyDelete
  11. idk where else to post this but it seems that the link for Legend of the Twin Orbs is Broken ........

    ReplyDelete
  12. meh that didnt work but its working now...i believe i was having some major system lag or something.......btw DirtyC101 when are u going to put this on the LOK Forums? id love to see some updates from u on there...keep up the good work :D

    ReplyDelete
  13. Regarding this post above, have you tried making the image from your first attempt white, and overlaying it atop the second image?

    ReplyDelete