Sunday, March 6, 2011

March Update

So let's jump right to it - I'm trying to package up most of the first act into a playable Beta.  Ideally I'd like to have that done by the end of this month.  Don't get too excited though, my original plan was to be done with the whole game by the end of February, so clearly I'm not too good at setting realistic timetables.

I flipped back & forth on having a playable demo at all.  Most demos not only suck, but they suck the life out of the final game as well.  But, I'm reaching the point where all the code is done, and now'd be a good time to check it.  The game isn't 'large' per se, but it is big enough that I don't think I'd catch every possible combination on my own.  So, opening it up to the masses just seems like the right thing to do. 

So that's the 'plan'.  Amazing, eh?  Yup, I'm a schemer.  Those of you who just want to play the demo, come back around the beginning of April.  There's going to be more talking by me before then, so don't be shocked when the next few posts don't contain the game.  I definitely want to make at least one post about the story, esp since I won't have any of the character intros done.  And there's been some 'funny code stories' as well I'd like to share, if you believe in such a thing.

Worked on the first mini-boss today, so let's end with a shot of her just so I can show a picture.  ;)
-DirtyC101



1 comment:

  1. Awesome, glad to see you did decide to wrap up the basic game code and that the first level is wrapped up and almost ready to go, save for any additional enemies and stuff. :3

    As for something to talk about, if you could elaborate more on how the stats work in your game in one of your upcoming posts. IE: Body and Spirit. I've seen them up in the character selection screen and you spoke about Body in grappling, but I'd like to know if there are other stats in the game and what they do, and as to how all of them work with one another.

    ReplyDelete