Saturday, June 7, 2014

Spring/Sumer Update

The post where "I was not killed in a hilarious elevator accident".

Quote was from TFK Pokesmoke.  Reminded me that although I don't have anything new to say, maybe I should say something anyway.  It's been far too many months since my last post, just wanted to admit that I'm fine.  Minimal work on the game, but I'm a bit optimistic that will change soon.

That does NOT mean I have a release date in mind, simply that I think I'll have time to work on the game again.  I do miss coding.  /sigh



Around the Interwebs
I had not been playing much either.  But I did find a few games I think are worth mentioning:



Xenotake is a side scrolling platform game.  Run around as the heroine, shoot aliens, don't get raped.  Very solid all around.  The rape defense mechanic is just smash one button, that could use some work (oddly that's the topic on his page right now for his next game).  The second half of the game is frustratingly sex-light, but winning opens up a gallery, so it's worth pushing through.

Normally I dislike gallery mode, but it works here.  Probably should try to figure out why at some point.  I suspect it has to do with letting the grapple finish is a straight path to game over, so there's no way to enjoy the sex without a gallery.  Bummer that.





Sacred Eyes is a standard RPG for one of the RPG Maker/Ace/RTP engines.  Sorry, couldn't tell ya which, I just install them all & don't worry about it.  Walk around in top down view, bump into monsters, beat them up, take their stuff & gain levels.  Losing health also removes your clothing.  Get below ~25% health & the monsters can grapple / rape you.  Now there's plenty of these type of games out there, but I liked this one for several reasons.  The art is fairly good and the text is in English.  Not a high bar to jump over, but it does weed out a lot of games from this genre.

The real push over the top was simply that it's mildly hard.  I ended up losing several times early on, really having to pace my healing potions & supplies.  Losing just sends you back to town, so really it's just a time loss, but I still found myself trying not to lose & still having difficulty.  Of course, part of the problem was I didn't find the self-healing spell until MUCH later in the game.  That was my fault.  Still, it made the game far more interesting.

I'll note that I can't find the original link for this game.  This should be the link for the game with English text, but double check before you buy.  I see "TRANSLATED BY TATUAST!!" in the readme files, so I wonder if perhaps I stumbled into a fan translation purely by accident?

-DirtyC101







17 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Okay, my bad. I really wish blogspot had an edit function, but anyway...
    What I said was:
    "Oooh, nice to hear from you again, DC. Hopefully we'll be seeing more of you in the months to come!"
    And I wanted to amend it to say:
    "As regards Sacred Eyes, I found the GOR to be an annoying implentation. Also found the game to be a bit on the easy side, though. Fine game, still - I have it :P"
    Haven't given Xenotake a whirl yet. I really should.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Well, nice to see your not dead.

    ReplyDelete
  4. lol you got lucky with translation ;)

    ReplyDelete
  5. First and foremost this --> https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xos2MnVxe-c

    *SPOILERS about Xenotake!!*

    Now I agree with you DirtyC about Xenotake except for the last battle which was disappointing since I expected the boss to have some rape animations that are different instead of us playing as the robot while the girls get raped helplessly at the top of the screen, now he could have had a staged boss where you knock out the guy or daze him at certain hp's where you can then release one of the girls to then have them take over or help you in the fight. However I feel this because having the girls get raped in the background when your focusing on dodging shots and such means that they're a waste being used like that since when I first saw it I went "ooo will he have the robot do half the fight then save the main character who finishes off the boss?".

    ReplyDelete
  6. Glad you're back! See you again in December! :D

    ReplyDelete
  7. Huray! You haven't been cursed by death for avoiding death!

    +10 points to whoever gets the reference first!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Just found Furry Fury. Amazeballs! Looking forward to finding out more :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. If were lucky we might even see an update this year!

      Delete
    2. I'd like that, but at the same time, I'm not going to hold my breath. If I did, I could die before more content is made =P

      Delete
    3. At this rate it's damn near comical to expect any content updates; however at some point in time we will see either more content or the cancellation of Furry Fury. of course whether said events happen during or after our lives is another matter altogether.

      Delete
    4. lol let the guy be excited a little, damn

      Delete
  9. Seeing as were on the ass end of summer I'd guess the next time Dirtyc101 drops by to say "no real progress" is somewhere in the november-december range. Of course I'd love to be proven wrong.

    ReplyDelete
  10. So do we have to wait for someone to make a witty comment before you make another update?

    ReplyDelete
  11. Heya DC, amazing game you've got there. Just a quick question, excuse my ignorance:
    What makes it hard to post at least once a month, just to, at least, let us know you are slive?
    Thanks, keep your good work up!

    ReplyDelete